When & WhereThursday 21st June – Perth, Add location
8:00am light breakfast for 8:30am start; wrap at 9:30am
Alongside legislation, regulation and taxation, communication is one of the key levers of public policy delivery. Yet its role and potential is currently misunderstood and under-utilised within government.
Spanning 40 countries, The Leaders’ Report outlines the key challenges faced by government communicators around the world, including:
- Declining levels of trust in government and increasing polarisation and populism
- Fractured audiences and social media bubbles
- The failure of one-way communication to connect effectively with citizens
- A lack in investment in capability and skills, leaving half of the report’s participants without the right tools and resources to do their job
- The insufficient use of communication as an essential part of policy development
Join the Report’s author, Sean Larkins (former Deputy Director of Communications for UK Government), and The Practice’s AUNZ Executive Director Kathryn Cooper, for a session on key findings, including Top 10 attributes of high performing government communication organisations, and recommended actions to prepare communication functions for the future.